This Saturday Co.Space gets serious about politics. Representatives from the local culture community gather down to voice their concerns about the impact of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) on the New Zealand culture sector.
The TPP Cartoon Exhibition will also be launching the same night, lightening the mood with some clever humour.
- Don McGlashan, Musician and NZ Writer Director representative on the APRA board
- Jennifer Ward-Lealand, President, NZ Actors Equity
- Mika, Chair of Nga Aho Whakaari (Maori in Screen Production)
- Maggie Tarvey, New Zealand Society of Authors
International expert Krista Cox from Knowledge Ecology International (KEI online) will be presenting on the impacts that a completed Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement would have on the culture sector.
The website www.itsourfuture.org.nz put together a TPP Cartoon competition, along with co-sponsors Scoop Independent News (publishers of Scoop.co.nz), the New Zealand Society of Authors, the Bruce Jesson Foundation and the BizDojo Co.Space.
All the entries will be exhibited at Co.Spacefor a week, and the winners will be announced at a reception at the Gallery on Thursday 6 December.
Three prizes of $500 will be awarded among the contributing cartoonists.
- Best Cartoon award will be judged by prominent journalist Finlay Macdonald.
- People’s Choice award will be voted online using Facebook; and
- Special student’s award, judged by the team at BizDojo Co.Space
Details about the event at The Big Idea.