BizDojo leads the delivery of New Zealand's two largest innovation programmes - the GridAKL innovation precinct in Auckland's Wynyard Quarter in association with ATEED, and the Wellington tech hub and Collider programme in partnership with Wellington City Council.
Forging genuine partnerships with government organisations who share our vision and focus on the economic growth of the city, coupled with strong working relationships between the key players in the ecosystem, we are able to make a tangible contribution to the growth and development of start-up ecosystems; and ultimately contribute to the economic growth of the cities that we work in.
We have a strong focus on additive activities, rather than competing or duplicating what is already happening successfully in the ecosystem. Our programmes implement strong activation, knowledge-sharing, marketing and communications activities that attract skilled individuals and businesses and showcase the cities themselves as centres of innovation.
BizDojo is in a unique position to be able to support corporate incubation programmes by leveraging our skills and experience in running large scale city innovation programmes, coupled with the provision of physical environments where teams can be surrounded by other growing businesses with an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset. This, combined with close connections in the NZ innovation ecosystem and strong local and international connections with investors, enables us to offer bespoke solutions for organisations that want to think, work and solve problems differently.
BizDojo has recently hosted a corporate incubator for one of NZ’s largest companies and is currently working with a leading NZ technology company to pilot a corporate incubation programme - providing the environment, structure and methodologies for select teams within the organisation to rapidly validate and execute products.
BizDojo provides a range of consulting services for corporates and the public sector who are looking for innovation thinking and holistic solutions. Projects include:
- Developed the vision, business case and implementation plan for Auckland's Uptown Innovation Hub
- Designed and delivered the Christchurch Recovery Learning Incubator for the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Innovation environments subject matter expert on the team that developed the master plan for the new Christchurch Innovation Precinct
- Engaged by ATEED to complete a review of the Auckland regional innovation ecosystem
- Engaged by Regional Development Australia to advise on strategy for the development of a robust regional innovation ecosystem in South East Queensland